Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from the Diabetes control for life website and is a one serving meal. Nutrition Information Amount Per Serving Calories 390 Calories from Fat 100 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 2.5g Cholesterol 55mg Sodium 360mg Total Carbohydrate 48g Dietary Fiber 9g Sugars 11g Protein 30g Vitamin A 220% Vitamin C 80% Calcium 10% Iron 30%
- 1⁄4 yellow onion
- 3 ounces beef sirloin steaks, raw
- 2⁄3 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 fluid ounces reduced-sodium vegetable juice cocktail
- 3 fluid ounces low sodium beef broth
- 1 whole wheat roll
- 1 teaspoon canola margarine, trans-fat free
- Wash and peel onion. Cut into thin slices. Cut beef into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Spray a 10-inch non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion and beef in skillet for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until beef is browned.
- Stir in vegetables, tomato sauce, vegetable juice, and beef broth.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
- Serve stew with a whole wheat roll and margarine.