Recipe by Ci-Ci
This is an easy stew recipe that freezes well and I like to take it to work for lunch in the winter time. I usually double it for more leftovers.
- 1 lb lean stew meat
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 -2 large potato, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans (french cut or whole)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can English peas
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can carrots, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray bottom of heavy dutch oven.
- Braise meat until brown, on med. high heat.
- Add beef brot;, turn heat down to simmer and cook until beef is fork tender.
- When beef is tender, add potatoes, onions and tomatoes and tomato sauce; continue cooking until potatoes are tender.
- Add all the other cans of vegetables. Do not drain vegetables. They are added to help flavor the stock.
- Season with salt and pepper, any other herbs you choose for taste, (bay leaf, paprika,a little chili powder.
- Note: The canned veggies are already done, so after you add the veggies, you may simmer it long enough to heat the veggies but essentially you are through. The longer you simmer it, the thicker your soup becomes, and more flavor you get.