Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
Cubed beef (Rump) and Vegetable, a great way to entertain friends, family and customers. I have mastered this recipe in many ways, and have yet to be told otherwise. I'm not the best, but I'm definitely not the worst.
- 2 kg cubed rump steak
- 500 g diced carrots
- 500 g diced potatoes
- 500 g diced onions
- 55 g French onion soup
- 60 g texan steakhouse herbs
- 60 g smokey bbq herbs
- 60 g mixed herbs
- 500 g margarine, Butter for less flavor but less kilo's
- Place meat in a deep large enough pot, and half fill with water. Leave to boil for 20 minutes. (add water if necessary).
- Add onions with 250g margarine and 300ml water. Cook until onions are soft and "glassy".
- Add carrots with all of the spice and 250g margarine.
- Put the lid on. Leave until carrots are "softish".
- This can be served with rice, but will be perfect inside some pastry.