Recipe by Porfavorcorona
A quick and simple dinner for the weeknight. This is also great for company. To make a pretty presentation, top each serving with a dollop of sour cream and guacamole.
Top Review by Black Radish
I felt that there wasn't enough spices to this recipe. Like the previous poster, I thought there was something "missing". If I made it again, I would skip the tomato sauce and add a jar of salsa, sprinkle the ground beef with some MExican Oregano, Cumin, chili powder & garlic, and skip the evaporated milk all together.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 5 ounces tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- 2 ounces tortilla chips, whole
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat medium skillet over medium-high heat; add beef and onion.
- Cook until beef is brown and crumbly, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the grease off the beef.
- Add enchilada and tomato sauces to skillet; stir well.
- Cook until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine beans and evaporated milk in a small bowl; spread over beef mixture.
- Arrange whole tortilla chips around the edge of dish.
- Top casserole with crushed chips; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake casserole until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes.