Recipe by Chef Christine
salt is unnecessary for this recipe because the soy sauce has plenty of sodium.
- 1 lb thinly sliced steak
- 3 beefsteak tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 onion, cut into thin strips
- soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons water
- sesame oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the steak and cook until no longer pink.
- Start by adding 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Mix cornstarch and water pour into skillet. Stir until it has uniform consistency.
- Add tomatoes and sesame oil, cook for about another minute.
- Turn off fire, taste the food and adjust soy sauce as necessary. The tomatoes will water down the food and create a gravy.
- Serve with white rice with the gravy on top.