Recipe by Derf
Another way to use up those wonderfull vine ripened, newly harvested tomatoes. Tasty stir fry. from the Light Hearted cookbook by Anne Lindsay.
- 3⁄4 lb top round beef or 3⁄4 lb flank steak
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 4 green onions, cut in thin 2 inch lengths
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut beef across the grain into thin strips; cut strips into 2 inch lengths.
- In bowl, combine cornstarch, sherry and soy sauce; mix until smooth.
- Add Beef and toss to coat.
- In wok or nonstick frypan, heat oil over high heat.
- Add beef and stir fry for 2 minutes; add onion and stir fry for 1 minute or until beef is browned.
- Add garlic and tomatoes; stir fry until tomatoes are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and serve immediately.