Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another way to use up those wonderfull vine ripened, newly harvested tomatoes. Tasty stir fry. from the Light Hearted cookbook by Anne Lindsay.
- Cut beef across the grain into thin strips; cut strips into 2 inch lengths.
- In bowl, combine cornstarch, sherry and soy sauce; mix until smooth.
- Add Beef and toss to coat.
- In wok or nonstick frypan, heat oil over high heat.
- Add beef and stir fry for 2 minutes; add onion and stir fry for 1 minute or until beef is browned.
- Add garlic and tomatoes; stir fry until tomatoes are heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and serve immediately.
So easy and so very tasty. I did add some salt & freshly ground black pepper to this dish to season more. A definite 'keeper' for me :)
I love this recipe and it is so easy!
Very tasty and quick meal! I threw in more veggies...mushrooms with the onions, zucchini with the tomatoes and garlic and bean sprouts with the green onions and they all worked very well. I also stirred in about a cup and a half of cooked brown rice toward the end and heated through. I used a bit more garlic and minced it instead of just smashing it. I didn't really like the cornstarch in this. It did thicken the pan juices but I didn't like the "crust" on the meat. I think next time I will omit it. I loved the additonal flavor from the sherry! Thanks for sherring...er sharing! :)