Recipe by lets.eat
A huge hit with my family. Pre-browning the ground beef not required with this one. Slices beautifully.
Top Review by Recipewrestler
VERY easy to make. I did drain the grease before adding the cheese. Used LOTS of cheese. My DH thought it was too salty, so when I make it again I will go lighter on the dry onion soup.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounces frozen tater tots
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Press the ground beef into the bottom of a 13x9x2 baking pan. Sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Spread the mushroom soup over the top. Cover with the frozen tater tots.
- Bake 50 minutes. Turn off oven. Remove casserole sprinkle with the shredded cheddar. Place back in oven, keep in oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Take out of oven, let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.