Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A yummy appetizer that is quick to go on the buffet table. The beef should be thinly sliced, but not shaved. Also, don't be afraid to experiment with different cream cheese combinations.
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced cooked roast beef (from deli)
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese, with roasted garlic,softened
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- Spread each slice of roast beef with cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with chopped sundried tomatoes.
- Roll up each slice tightly.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least an hour or until firm.
- To serve, cut each roll into 4 pieces.
- Secure each with a cocktail toothpick.
- NOTE: Cream cheese with chives may be substituted.
- Also, these rollups are not served on their sides like pinwheels.
- The cut sides are on each end, not up and down.
- They may be secured with sprigs of fresh rosemary, instead of the toothpick.
These were very good! I made them just like the recipe said to, but next time I think I am going to add the chili's also. Thanks.
DH and his bud were in heaven!! The two of them loved these. I liked Kathy's idea of adding the chopped chili's so I also did that. I only had plain cream cheese on hand, so I added some garlic powder to it. I also added some chopped black olives. Ms_Bold, close your eyes, cause you don't want to read what I did next!! I put all these great ingredients inside a Spinach tortilla wrap. According to the boys......IT WAS JUST GREAT!! Thanks for posting.
Thanks! These were wonderful. I took them to a party and the cuisine was Mexican, so I added some chopped green chiles. Loved the sun-dried tomato flavor.