2 hrs 30 mins
This was in our local paper and we thought we would give it a try. It is a recipe from Graham Hawkes. It is lovely!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the steak into 5cm cubes.
- 2Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and brown the meat in batches.
- 3Transfer the meat to a casserole dish that has a tight fitting lid.
- 4Add the onions to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- 5Sprinkle the flour and mix with the onions. Once well mixed gradually add the stock and the beer and mix into a smooth sauce.
- 6Pour the sauce over the meat and add the raw bacon, thyme, prunes and orange rind.
- 7Place in a preheated oven at 160ºc and cook for 2 hours.
- 8Serve with creamy mashed potato and crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Stout Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.1
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 130.0 mg
- Sodium 502.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 33.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: