Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 ounces ground beef round
- 1 1⁄2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 fresh spinach leaves
- 1 whole wheat pita bread, halved
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- In large non-stick skillet, combine first 3 ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble beef.
- Drain in a colander, discard drippings.
- Wipe skillet dry with a paper towel.
- Return beef mixture to skillet; add chopped spinach, spices and salt; stir well.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 3 minutes or just until spinach is wilted; remove from heat.
- Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture into each pita half lined with whole spinach leaves.
- Mix yogurt with curry powder if desired.
- Top each pita half with 1 tablespoon yogurt.