Recipe by KelBel
From a grocery store cook booklet called cooking for 2.
Top Review by TaterBug! :)
Terrific recipe! I really love these and I like to make them with lean ground turkey instead of beef, and lowfat ricotta, but that is just a personal preference. I really like your version, it is lighter than most I have seen. Thanks for a GREAT recipe!
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed
- 4 lasagna noodles, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Cook beef and onion over medium-high heat; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup pasta sauce. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white. Add ricotta, parmesan, oregano, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spread 3 Tablespoons of pasta sauce in bottom of an 8 inch square pan.
- Spread 1/4 of ricotta on one noodle. Add 1/4 cup spinach leaves, 1/4 of beef. Starting at one short end, roll up loosely.
- Place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat with remaining 3 noodles. Top with remaining sauce. Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and add remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 more minutes.