Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you like beef, spinach, sour cream, and cheese then you should enjoy this rich hearty meal.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spinach, cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove excess water from spinach and chop.
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Add onion and cook until soft, stirring often.
- Add ground beef and cook until well browned, stirring often.
- Add mushrooms,cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, drain all fat from pan.
- Add spinach, sour cream, oregano, thyme, and half of each cheese. Stirring well after each addition.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into casserole dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.