Recipe by Bec
A casserole made quick in the microwave, from "The Fruit of the Spirit" cookbook from the First Baptist Church in Littleton, Colorado.
- 1 (7 ounce) package frozen snow peas
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) can chow mein noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut slit in snow peas package; place package on paper towel in microwave oven.
- Microwave at high (100%) 3 minutes.
- Turn over, microwave 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave oven; let stand.
- Put beef in 1 1/2 quart microwaveable casserole; break into small pieces with spoon.
- Mix in green onion.
- Drain snow peas; spread over meat in even layer.
- Combine soup, soy sauce and pepper; pour over peas.
- Microwave at medium (50%) 14 to 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink when cut in the center.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- While meat stands put chow mein noodles on paper plate.
- Microwave at high 1 1/2 minutes; sprinkle on casserole before serving.