Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Let me know what you think!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 cup carrot, cut into strips
- 1 cup red onion, slices
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 lb blanched green beans
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (sliced)
- 2 lemons, juice of
- parsley (for garnish)
- green onion (for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (to garnish)
- 1 lb lo mein noodles
- Season beef and shrimp with salt and white pepper lightly.
- In a heavy saute pan or pot, pour in oil and heat up very hot. Put in shrimp and beef - saute one minute.
- Add carrots, onions, garlic, and water chestnuts. Continue to saute for 2 minutes, then add Teriyaki sauce and mix.
- Sprinkle sifted cornstarch and stir on lower to medium heat.
- Add broth and sesame oil and let thicken.
- Add green beans, bell peppers, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Finish with green onions and parsley.
- Pour over Lo Mein noodles and finish with toasted sesame seeds.