Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
Another recipe from the food section of the Houston Chronicle.Feel free to add additional veggies to this stir fry!It's quick and tastey!
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- coarse salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more for serving, if desired
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1⁄4 lbs flank steaks, cut diagonally across the grain into 1/2-by-3-inch strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced crosswise 1 1/2 inches long, white and green parts kept separate
- white rice, for serving
- In a small bowl,whisk together 3/4 cup water,hoisin sauce,vinegar,cornstarch,3/4 t. salt/ and 1/2 t. pepper flakes; set aside.
- Heat 1 T. oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- In two batches, cook steak until lightly browned,turning, for about 2 minutes per batch.Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining 1 t. oil to wok or pan along with garlic and whites of scallions.
- Cook, tossing often,until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk hoisin mixture to combine, add to pan along with scallion greens.
- Return meat to pan; cook, tossing to coat with sauce, 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, over rice and sprinkled with additional pepper flakes, if desired.