1/4 Photos of Beef and Scallion Roll-Ups
From Every Day with Rachael Ray September 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan of boiling water, cook the scallions for 30 seconds; drain. In a bowl, whisk together the beer, soy sauce and sugar; set aside.
- 2Trim each roast beef slice to about 4 by 5 inches. Season with salt.
- 3Lay a small cluster of scallion and cucumber slivers on the bottom edge of each slice and roll tightly to form a log; secure with a toothpick along the length of the roll.
- 4Repeat with the remaining beef, scallions and cucumber. Using a basting brush, coat the logs with the reserved beer sauce; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef rolls (reserve the sauce) and cook, turning, until the sides are brown, about 5 minutes.
- 6Transfer to a plate. Add the reserved beer sauce to the skillet and simmer until syrupy, about 2 minutes.
- 7Remove the toothpicks from the beef rolls; discard. Cut the rolls into quarters. Top with the sauce.
- 8Top the cooked rice with the cilantro and serve with the roll-ups.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Scallion Roll-Ups
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.8
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 1185.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 4.8 g