Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and delicious, serve with warm bread for a complete dinner.
- 2 links Polish sausage, sliced
- 1 lb lean beef, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 small apple, cored & cut into slices
- 1 (12 ounce) bag egg noodles
- herbs (optional) or spices, as desired (optional)
- Marinate beef cubes in Worcestershire sauce for a couple of hours.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in water.
- Cook noodles as directed for al dente and put aside.
- Brown beef cubes (with Worcestershire sauce) and onions in butter.
- Then place carrots, sausage, beef, onion, apple slices and bullion in Dutch oven, with water (enough to cover). You can add any spices and herbs that you desire. I use a little oregano, basil, allspice, sage.
- Cook until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in noodles and serve.