Recipe by Donna H
From Taste of Home, when on a budget try this inexpensive one dish meal. Add other vegetables according to taste or for extra zip use stewed tomatoes with green chilis. Omit sugar and substitute brown rice and it's South Beach friendly.
Top Review by wafflemommy
This is really good. I didn't have stewed tomatoes so I used diced instead. I used a can of Ro-Tel instead of beans. Rice didn't cook as much as I would have liked, but it was still delicious! I may omit rice in the cooking and just serve over rice. Definitely will make again!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce