Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Taste of Home, when on a budget try this inexpensive one dish meal. Add other vegetables according to taste or for extra zip use stewed tomatoes with green chilis. Omit sugar and substitute brown rice and it's South Beach friendly.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cook ground beef and drain. Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
This is really good. I didn't have stewed tomatoes so I used diced instead. I used a can of Ro-Tel instead of beans. Rice didn't cook as much as I would have liked, but it was still delicious! I may omit rice in the cooking and just serve over rice. Definitely will make again!
Smells gorgeous and so simple...feeds the hordes amply. Thanks Donna : ))
Simple and oh so good. What a fast and easy dinner to make! Thanks for sharing!!