Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a super-simple concoction of my mom's, and a family favorite. Terrific with some green vegetables or a salad!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of asparagus soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped fine (optional)
- Brown beef with onion (if using) and drain.
- Add rice, soup, water, celery, peppers (if using), salt and black pepper, mix well.
- Place in greased two-quart casserole dish and bake, covered, for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Serve and enjoy!
Loved it and so did my hubby and 10-yr old, who ate a frightening amount of it! ;-) I like the versatility of this recipe...you can throw just about anything into it if you have leftovers to use. I had some leftover vegetable broth and a half-can of cream of mushroom soup. It was slightly salty, but I think that was the broth's fault (even tho I reduced the salt by 1/2!) I think some leftover greenbeans would go good in this. I will definitely make this again and again! Thanks so much!
This was very good! I doubled the soup and rice mixture but kept the beef the same...next time I will use beef broth instead of water...mine came out a little bland and I had to keep adding salt... Couldn't believe how fast the prep was and what an easy cleanup! Thanks for the great recipe! Linzi
Very good! I used 1.25lb of ground turkey. 1 cup of rice and 1 3/4 cup of water. I also added minced garlic and browned with the turkey, green pepper and onion. It only served 4 of us so if you want more, I'd double it. Next time I will add more green pepper and onions. Thank you for sharing!!!!