Recipe by Adrienne Seery
A hearty, saucy casserole for a cold winter's night. Very easy one pot meal.
Top Review by GEEJAY 2
Was verry easy to make as I put it all in crock pot, using just stewing beef cheap cut no fat. Used same wine with 2 turnips, no tomatoe soup. But used 2 tlbs tomatoe paste. Never browned meat & added my own fresh chilli. Thickend towards end of cooking with cornflour. I think its the best beef stew we haver tried. Thanks Adrienne: P.S Cooked for 5hrs in crock pot.
- 500 g diced beef (oyster blade steak is good)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 chili, chopped (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup red wine (I use Shiraz Cabernet)
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 parsnip, sliced
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 pinch paprika
- salt and pepper (to season)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the beef, garlic and onion in a large pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on low for approximately one hour.
- You can adjust the consistency of the sauce by adding extra stock if too thick or some cornflour and water mixture if too thin.
- Serve with either spiral noodles or mashed potatoes and crusty bread.