Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bon Appetit June 2010.
Make and share this Beef and Red Pepper Salad With Miso Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 1⁄4 lbs flank steaks
- 1 (5 ounce) container mixed baby greens
- 2 cups cucumbers, thinly sliced unpeeled
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion (4 to 5)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, sliced
- Puree 3 tablespoons oil and next 4 ingredients in blender until smooth. Season dressing with salt. Transfer 2 tablespoons dressing to small bowl; reserve for steak. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Cook to desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, brushing top of steak with some of reserved dressing during last minute of cooking. Transfer steak, dressing side down, to plate; brush with remaining reserved dressing. Let rest 10 minutes. Thinly slice steak across grain on slight diagonal.
- Place greens, cucumbers, bell pepper, cilantro, and onions in large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Divide salad among plates. Top with steak and avocado slices.