Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A good soup from the RSVP section of Ladies Home Journal.
Make and share this Beef and Ravioli Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) canwhole tomatoes with juice, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 ounce) package beef ravioli, refrigerated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Toss sirloin, and 2 tablespoons flour in bowl. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook until beef is browned; transfer with slotted spoon to bowl.
- Add celery, carrot, onion, garlic, thyme and white pepper to Dutch oven. Cook, stirring, 3 minutes, until vegetables are lightly browned.
- Add broth, tomatoes, 1 cup water, reserved beef, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium and cook 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add beef ravioli; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons flour and 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water in cup until smooth. Stir into soup; bring to boil and boil 1 minute.
Me and my hunny thought this was delicious! I added 2 cans of spicy red pepper diced tomatoes (Aylmers) and 1 cup of chopped peppers and 1 cup of V8 instead instead of water and didnt add any extra beef, it was fabulous! and easy
This is a great family soup! I used 28oz Italian seasoned diced tomatoes (what I had on hand) and at the end of the cooking I added 1 bag of baby spinach just until wilted because I try to get as many veggies in my children as possible, then sprinkled parmesan. Even my picky 4-year old cleaned his bowl.
This is a good and comforting soup. My family and I loved this. I used crushed tomatoes because that's all I had and it turned out really well. I also used cheese ravioli because my grocery store didn't have the beef. I am going to try it next time with the beef raviolis if I can find them. I also sprinkled some parmesan cheese over each bowl when served. I just served this with some crusty Italian bread. My one son had two bowls!