A hearty meal, add more seasonings if you like.
Make and share this Beef and Potatoes With Rosemary and Thyme - Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb medium red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 cup carrot, cut carrots about same size as potatoes
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth, can be canned or make it from beef granules
- Arrange potatoes and carrots around outer edge in 4-5 quart crock pot slow cooker.
- Trim excess fat from beef.
- Mix mustard, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly over beef.
- Place beef in slow cooker, it will overlap vegetable slightly.
- Sprinkle onion over beef.
- Pour broth evenly over beef and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8-9 hours or until beef and veggies are tender.
- Remove beef and vegetable from slow cooker with slotted spoon.
- Slice beef.
- To serve spoon beef juices from slow cooker over beef and veggies.
- Freeze leftovers.
I'll be honest, I didn't make this. I did, however, print it out for a friend, who served it to me for lunch last Saturday. I totally enjoyed it, had seconds, and even thought about thirds. I would have added a ton of garlic, but that's just me. Thanks Dorothy, this one is a winner!
Thank you Dorothy for this crockpot recipe.....I only added a few things just to kick it up a little;>).....2 tsp ready to serve chopped garlic and 1 medium bay leaf also used Kosher salt....must say the best I have had!!!!
This was a very good dish....the rosemary and thyme made all the difference. This is a keeper.