A hearty meal, add more seasonings if you like.
Make and share this Beef and Potatoes With Rosemary and Thyme - Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb medium red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 cup carrot, cut carrots about same size as potatoes
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth, can be canned or make it from beef granules
- Arrange potatoes and carrots around outer edge in 4-5 quart crock pot slow cooker.
- Trim excess fat from beef.
- Mix mustard, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly over beef.
- Place beef in slow cooker, it will overlap vegetable slightly.
- Sprinkle onion over beef.
- Pour broth evenly over beef and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8-9 hours or until beef and veggies are tender.
- Remove beef and vegetable from slow cooker with slotted spoon.
- Slice beef.
- To serve spoon beef juices from slow cooker over beef and veggies.
- Freeze leftovers.