Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Short of cash try this budget meal.
- 2 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 lb ground beef, fried and drained
- 1 potato, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced (optional)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup (diluted with 1 can water)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Layer in order given in a large frying pan.
- Steam slowly in covered frying pan until done, about 40 minutes.
I shredded the potatoes, put it all in the crockpot layered as suggested. I did use milk instead of water and we came up with a very yummy dinner that I served on buns like sloppy joes. It was like beef stew on a bun except my daughter refuses to eat beef stew but she not only ate this she asked for seconds and scarfed that down too.