Recipe by Recipe Junkie
The kick in this delicious shepherd type pie is the egg and creamed cheese in the mashed potato topper.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef (chuck roast)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a crock pot to tenderize meat and cook onion.
- (Just cook with a little water on low until meat falls apart).
- Drain off excess fat and mix with tomato soup and green beans.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour meat mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Meanwhile cook potatoes and mash with cream cheese, egg and salt and pepper.
- Spread potatoes over meat mixture and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or til bubbly around the edges.