Recipe by CraftScout
There was once a time when I had 3 adult roommates, in addition to my husband and daughter, to feed each day. I turned to OAMC in desperation, and this is one of the recipes I came up with. It makes a fantastic lunch and freezes beautifully.
Top Review by kellychris
This really was a "feel good, no thrills" kinda meal. I actually love that kind. It had just the right amt. of seasonings and I used MILD salsa. I had to use hash browns with red and green peppers, but it didn't affect the taste. Thanks so much!!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen southern style hash brown potatoes (the kind that look like cubes)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 cups salsa
- 1⁄4 cup TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce (or other hot sauce)
- 10 large flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground beef, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion together until fully combined. Cook over medium high heat until thoroughly browned, drain. At this point, you can cool and freeze this mixture to put the burritos together another day, or use for tacos or enchiladas, or whatever.
- Bake hash browns at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Combine meat mix, hashbrowns, cheese, salsa, and tabasco in a large bowl.
- Warm tortillas in microwave slightly until pliable.
- For each burrito, place one cup of mixture on tortilla, roll up and wrap in aluminum foil if you plan on freezing.
- To reheat, remove foil and microwave for 3 minutes on high.