Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
Meat Pies from Northern MN These can be make ahead of time an frozen.
- 6 cups potatoes
- 2 cups carrots
- 4 cups diced pork shoulder
- 2 cups diced beef rump
- 1 onion
- 1 cup rutabaga
- 6 cups flour
- 2 cups Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- add the salt the flour and mix.
- slowly add the cold water until the dough is able to be rolled.
- seperate the dough into 8 equal parts.
- Roll out each dough ball until it is round.
- add 1/8 of each ingredient and fold in half.
- pinch down the edges to secure.
- Bake 4 at a time for 45 minutes.