Recipe by dicentra
Dinner is Ready! 30 Meals in One Day – OAMC Serves 6. I would add the bean sprouts after thawing.
- 1⁄2 lb lean beef, cubed
- 1⁄4 lean pork, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and pork with oil, onion and garlic. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in cold water. Stir into simmering chop suey.
- Cover and cook until thickened.
- Allow to cool. Place in freezer bag. Label and freeze.
- To serve: thaw. Heat until bubbly. Serve over rice and chow mein noodles.