Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is from the Pillsbury website, but oh so good.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck or 1 1⁄2 lbs arm roast, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin or 1 1⁄2 lbs pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- In 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except tomato paste and buns.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
- With slotted spoon, remove meat from slow cooker. Shred meat with 2 forks; return to slow cooker and stir in tomato paste.
- Cover, cook on high for 5-10 min or until hot. To serve, spoon about 1/2 mixture into each bun.