Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great balanced dinner for anyone watching their weight.
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 1⁄2 ounces beef, loin cut
- 1 small potato (1 3/4- inch to 2 1/2-inch diameter)
- Baked Potato:.
- Prehead oven to 375 degrees.
- Scrub potato and prick with fork.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, depending upon the size.
- Let potato stand approximately 2-4 minutes.
- Beef and Pepper Kabobs:.
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- Soak skewers in water.
- Rinse and trim beef of all visible fat.
- Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut onion into wedges.
- Mince garlic.
- In a deep dish, combine oil, wine, garlic and thyme.
- Add beef and onion to dish.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Alternately thread beef cubes, pepper and onion onto skewer(s).
- Grill or broil; turn after 5-6 minutes, and continue for another 4-5 minutes, until done.