Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from a Kraft Canada Kitchens recipe a few months back. It's quick and easy to make. Vegetarians can omit the beef for a nice vegetarian pasta meal.
- 1 lb beef, strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (10 fluid ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 package lipton recipe secrets garlic and herb soup mix
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups penne pasta or 4 cups bow tie pasta or 4 cups rotini pasta
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sugar snap peas or 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- Cook pasta in a large pot.
- Strain and run cold water through.
- Cook beef in large non-stick skillet over medium heat with a little oil for about 5 minutes.
- Dissolve soup mix in water and add 2 cans mushroom soup to lipton soup mixture and mix.
- Pour over beef, add nutmeg and mix well.
- Cover, bring to boil and simmer 10 minutes, stir often.
- Stir in cooked pasta, mushrooms and peas or your choice of vegetables.
- (As an alteration, you can cook the pasta in the pot with the beef and soup. Add 3 cups of water instead of 2 and simmer until pasta is cooked, stirring often) Cook 10 minutes or until heated through stirring often.
- Remove from heat and toss with Grated Parmesan cheese.
- Leftovers can be used as a side dish for the next day's dinner.
- I served it with sliced london broil the next night.
- You can also substitute chicken for the beef or vegetarians can omit the meat altogether.
This was good. I made it with Chicken for dinner. It was almost the same as a recipe I made yesterday from Bergy but that was baked. I took your advice and used Knorr\'s mushroom soup packet and omitted the herb mix but did add garlic and hearbs of my choice and a chicken cube and also used cheddar cheese instead and fresh vegetables that I had (carrot, peas and french beans). I really liked the effect. Thanks for posting this. :) Fay