1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
When you are in the mood for soup but don't want to cook all day, try this one. It calls for lean beef cubes, carrots, celery,onions and a hint of tomato. Serve it with orzo pasta and topped with grated Italian cheese-very heart warming.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs round steaks, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups thickly chopped carrots
- 1 cup diced celery, leaves included
- 1 large onion, cut into small wedges
- 4 quarts water
- beef bouillon
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces small shell pasta (such as orzo or acini di pepe)
- grated Italian cheese (such as parmesan, romano or asiago)
- 1Fill soup pot with water and place beef cubes in the pot.
- 2Heat on high until it comes to a boil, skim off scum that rises to the top, then lower heat to medium high, for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- 3Add beef bullion to taste, then all vegetables and tomato paste.
- 4Boil on medium, covered for an additional 30 minutes,or until veggies are tender.
- 5When veggies are tender, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6In a separate saucepan, cook up small soup pasta until done.
- 7Drain,rinse and put back in small saucepan, to which you have added about a cup of the liquid from the soup pot.
- 8When you are ready to serve the soup in individual bowls, spoon in some pasta, ladle in the soup, then top with a generous amount of fresh or shredded sharp Italian cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Orzo Soup
Serving Size: 1 (655 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.9
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 155.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 31.7 g