1/1 Photo of Beef and Onions with Cumin
1 hr 30 mins
A very tasty stew that goes beautifully with rice and a crisp mixed salad. I got the basic recipe from a book purchased from a second hand shop and have adapted it. I sometimes add mushrooms and also serve it with a dollop of sour cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut meat across the grain into thin fingerlength strips.
- 2Peel onions, slice crossways and separate into rings.
- 3Put the butter and oil into frying pan.
- 4Add the onion rings and cook covered, over a low heat until transparent.
- 5Turn them over constantly so that they cook evenly, but do not brown- remove from pan.
- 6Increase heat, put strips of meat into pan and brown.
- 7Add onion rings, sprinkle with flour and stir.
- 8When flour begins to colour, pour in stock.
- 9Add peeled and crushed garlic, cumin, marjoram, wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 10Stir well, then cover and simmer for 1 hour over a moderate heat or until tender.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Onions with Cumin
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.9
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 364.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: