Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adapted this recipe from the Sept./Oct. 07 issue of Simple and Delicious.I adjusted it to our tastes and it went over great by all in the family (even picky kids that don't like onions). It could easily be changed up for ham and cheese or pizza cups. Enjoy!
- 1 small red onion, thinly sclices
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 -8 ounces beef top sirloin steaks, cut into 1/8 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) packagelarge ready-to-bake refrigerated buttermilk flaky biscuits
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook onions in butter over medium heat until tender.
- Add steak and cook 2 - 3 minutes until tender.
- Stir in flour, brown sugar and salt until blended.
- Gradually add broth, bring to a boild and stir constantly until thickened.
- Cut each biscuit horizontally into 3 parts (you will have 24 biscuit pieces).
- Press 1 part of the biscuit into a lightly greased muffin tin (on the bottom and up the sides). Creating 12 muffin cup bottoms.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the beef mixture into the muffin tin.
- Combine the mozzarella cheese with 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and spoon over meat filling. Cover with the other 12 piece of dough and push down on the side to completely cover the meat and cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 2 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve Warm.