Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
My adaptation of a stroganoff recipe. It's grown up enough for the adults, but my 4-year old likes it too. Only takes about 45 minutes with very little work.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb sirloin
- 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2-1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Slice sirloin in bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Chop onion and set aside as well.
- Start noodles boiling.
- In another pan brown sirloin in oil.
- When meat is cooked through add onion and mushrooms; sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add can of cream of mushroom soup (for more sauce or thinner sauce add 2nd can of soup).
- Simmer until the noodles are done or desired consistency is achieved (should be a fairly thick sauce).
- If needed add water to thin sauce.
- Right before serving add the sour cream.
- *I keep the noodles and sauce separately so everyone can choose their own amount of sauce, but this can be mixed together in a casserole dish for serving at the table).