Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick, easy and great tasting.
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in half then sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans nonfat beef broth
- 1⁄4 medium orange bell pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cut strips of meat into bite size pieces, season with paprika and Steak seasoning.
- Heat nonstick skillet sprayed with Pam, add beef all at once.
- When the juices start to release add the garlic, onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- Sauté until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add the beef broth.
- Cover and simmer until the meat is very tender (about 45 minutes). Mix the arrowroot with the water and add to the beef mixture; stir until thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
This one was VERY EASY TO FIX IN A HURRY! I served this over rice. I will garnish it with a can of mandarin oranges the next time. Draining then dividing the can over the top and side of each serving. This will not only add wonderful color but a extra treat to the taste buds.
Very good and easy as a last minute, what do I make tonight meal. I didn't have enough regular mushrooms, so cubed up a portabello that I had and added some balsamic vinegar for some flair and it was YUMMY!! I served this over egg noodles and the kids and husband thought it was great!
Very good, didn't have any mushrooms or green pepper (day before grocery shopping) and still turned out great.