Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The perfect week night dinner main dish. Quick, inexpensive and - and - well, you'll find out! Recipe from Hidden Valley.
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- sliced green onion (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain and combine with mix, ground beef, mushrooms, sour cream and milk.
- Cook and stir until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Thank you Lorac for sharing this tasty meal. I am now going to have to give my Hamburger Helper to the food pantry, I will not go back to it. This meal was simple to make and took only about 20 minutes to prepare. I didn't have any egg noodles, so I substituted elbow macaroni. The ranch dressing gave it a very nice flavor. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe.
Very simple to make.....and sooo much tastier than hamburger helper! Thanks much!
I never make meat and noodles--mostly because my family turns their nose up at them. However, today, I threw caution to the wind and chose this dish! It is so awesome! The only change I made was to make my own ranch dressing mix as I am allergic to the onions in the Hidden Valley mix. I can't wait to let it sit overnight and see what it will taste like tomorrow!. I literally had this from pan to table in under 30 minutes. This is going in my Best of Zaar cookbook! Thanks! OH, PS. The family raved about it!!!