Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Has a tomato based sauce with beef and noodles. Easy to prepare and makes a great weeknight dish. Real homestyle comfort food.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place ground beef, onion, and green pepper in a large skillet.
- Brown ground beef, and drain off fat.
- Stir in condensed soups, tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce, cooked noodles, and water.
- Mix ingredients together well.
- Butter or oil a large 3-quart casserole dish and pour mixture inside.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Cover casserole dish with foil or a lid and bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.
I made this casserole about a month ago and am finally getting around to my review! I found this to be a tasty dish even though I felt it had too rich of a "tomatoey" taste for my likings.I will probably be making this again but I think I'm either going to eliminate the paste or use tomatoe sauce instead.Nice blend of flavours though and I think this would make a nice dish for company.
I enjoyed the flavor of the dish. I omitted the tomato paste, and opted not to bake it: I melted the cheese in the pan to save on dishes. I was also out of egg noodles, so I substituted spaghetti instead. I think the texture would be better using the egg noodles. I'll know next time because I will make it again:)