Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
One of my family's all-time favorite meals! This is a definite crowd-pleaser. I make this dish all the time when we have our friends over for dinner. It's always a big hit!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown ground beef and onion, drain.
- Cook and drain egg noodles.
- Combine beef mixture and egg noodles in a pot and add tomato sauce, cream of mushroom soup, and 3/4 of the cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
We didn't particularly care for this. There's nothing wrong with it, we just didn't think it stood out enough to keep it in our regular rotation.
This is a great recipe and easy to make. I add more cheese than called for and also topped it off with French's Onions for a little extra flavor and crunch.
We thought this was pretty good! I made it with ground turkey breast,2% milk sharp cheddar and fat free cream of mushroom. I did add a little seasoned salt to the meat.It was pretty easy to make so I will be making it again! Thanks for the recipe!