Recipe by cyndig
A cousin brought this over to my family during a funeral. Let me first say that I DO NOT like casseroles!! Being hungry, I thought I'd at least, give it a try. This is fantastic! It looks rather bland, but has wonderful flavors. It can be doubled easily too.
Top Review by under12parsecs
This is really tasty to be so simple! I sauteed some fresh mushrooms with the beef and onions and added a bit of white wine to deglaze, then proceeded as directed. This was wonderful comfort food.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 6 ounces med.wide egg noodles
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans, french cut or 1 (14 ounce) can corn
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt (Lawry's)
- 0.5 (10 ounce) can milk (use soup can)
- pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in skillet with onion, garlic, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Cook noodles.
- Drain meat and mix with cooked and drained noodles, soup, ½ soup can of milk, drained green beans (or drained corn).
- Put into a 9x9 casserole dish (if doubled use a 9x13) and bake, uncovered at 350°F for 30-45 minutes.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.