Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Use a tender cut of beef for this, I just use already sliced stir-fry beef from the grocery store, it works well for this recipe! Pat your beef dry with a paper towel before starting this recipe, make certain there is no excess moisture in the beef.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional, or to taste)
- 3 lbs beef tenderloin, cut into about 1-inch pieces
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 lbs button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (can use less sour cream)
- 2 -3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- hot cooked egg noodles (tossed in butter)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the roux: melt 4 tablespoons butter in a saucpan, add in flour and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in the broth, whisking constantly; bring to a simmer.
- Add in Parmesan cheese (if using) reduce heat and cook for about 3 minutes until thickened, remove from heat; set aside and keep warm.
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet and saute the beef until browned on all sides; transfer to a plate or bowl using a slotted spoon.
- Add in more butter or oil to the skillet if needed and saute the onion and garlic for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in sliced mushrooms and saute for about 8 minutes, until they release all of their moisture.
- Return the beef to the skillet; stir to combine with the mushrooms, then transfer to a serving platter.
- Reheat the sauce and then whisk in the sour cream, mustard, dill, salt and pepper.
- Immediately pour over the beef/mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve with hot cooked egg noodles.