In 'The Six O' Clock Scramble' by Aviva Goldfarb
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the sour cream from the refrigerator so it warms slightly.
- 2Stir the mustard into the sour cream and set it aside.
- 3In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over med-high heat.
- 4Sear the meat (cook without moving it) on all sides for about 1 minute until it is no longer pink on the outside.
- 5With a slotted spatula or spoon, transfer the meat to a plate.
- 6Using the same skillet, decrease the heat to medium and add the butter.
- 7Add the mushrooms, celery, and dill and saute them for about 5 minutes until they are softened.
- 8Add the wine and soy sauce and continue cooking the mixture for about 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are very tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 9If the vegetables get too dry, add 1/4 cup water to the skillet.
- 10Return the meat to the skillet and cook it for 2-3 minutes until it is cooked through.
- 11Decrease the heat to low, let the temperature lower for a minute, and stir in the sour cream mixture until it is warmed through; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 12Remove it from the heat; serve it over egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Mushrooms in a Light Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.1
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 502.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 19.8 g