Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This is a very simple, tasty dish that makes a great "company" meal.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, about 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt, without msg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon & herb seasoning
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 -3 cups thinly sliced cleaned mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced julienne,strips separated
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 -4 tablespoons Dijon mustard, according to your preference,but more is better
- 4 cups hot cooked rice or 4 cups cooked wide egg noodles, as accompaniment use your favorite recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (to garnish)
- Trim all excess external fat from the beef.
- Slice crosswise into very thin slices about 2" long, and toss with seasoned salt, granulated garlic, pepper, and lemon-herb seasoning.
- Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, toss again, and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beef in two batches, cooking each until beef is well browned, stirring often; set beef aside on a plate.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil to the same hot skillet, then add mushrooms and onions, and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Add any juices which have drained from beef strips, undiluted mushroom soup, white wine, and mustard.
- Heat to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Return beef to the skillet, heat through, and sdjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve over rice or noodles, garnished with chopped chives.