Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was a quick easy meal which I designed when I had a family and worked. I have cooked it for many American friends who call it Aussie Beef and Mushrooms. They all seem to love it.
- 1 piece beef
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 slice bacon (streaky bacon is preferable)
- 2 small mushrooms, sliced
- butter (for frying meat)
- salt and pepper
- Make up the soup using only half of the fluid needed according to the can or packet.
- Set aside.
- Wrap each piece of beef in a slice of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Fry the wrapped meat gently in a little butter to seal the meat.
- Turn to ensure both sides are browned.
- Pour prepared soup over the meat, add sliced mushrooms.
- Stir well.
- Season to taste.
- Simmer meat in the pan until tender (30 minutes plus. The more serves, the longer it will take to cook).
- When tender, serve meat with creamy mashed potatoes and your favourite vegetables.
- Pour any remaining fluid over the meat as a gravy.
that sauce...mmmmmmmm...very, very good!
This recipe was awesome! My husband and three boys loved it. My twelve year old isn't too fond of mushrooms but he still couldn't get enough of this dish. It was a snap to make and very delicous. I will definately make this again. Thanks Sandra!
This is outstanding! It is soooo easy to make, yet tastes like it was slaved over! My husband is a happy camper whenever I make this, and it makes me sing, too! A perfect dish to impress guests with, as well! I think I will try adding onions next time...and there will be plenty of next times with this dish! :-)