Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a low fat version of a classic. Everyone can enjoy this dish guilt free.
- 1 lb lean beef sirloin, sliced into thin strips
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato, canned or fresh
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 cups cooked hot egg noodles
- Season the sirloin with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the sirloin and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes total.
- Set the sirloin on a plate and keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion. Season lightly with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they are soft, about 7 more minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the sour cream, tomatoes, Worcestershire and hot sauces. Combine well and heat thoroughly.
- Add the sirloin and any juices. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Divide the egg noodles among 4 plates so that they form a small ring on the plate. Spoon the beef mixture into the center of each ring and serve.