Recipe by Sea-town Chef
From Betty's "Speedy Suppers" this slightly Asian pilaf is deliciously different.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced (3 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice or 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth (ready to serve)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 4 -6 green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- cook beef in oil, stirring occasionally until brown.
- Remove beef from skillet.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to skillet, cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Stir in rice.
- Stir in broth, Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil and bell pepper.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Return beef to skillet.
- Cover and simmer without stirring 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with onions and sesame seeds.