Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Betty's "Speedy Suppers" this slightly Asian pilaf is deliciously different.
Make and share this Beef and Mushroom Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced (3 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice or 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth (ready to serve)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 4 -6 green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- cook beef in oil, stirring occasionally until brown.
- Remove beef from skillet.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to skillet, cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Stir in rice.
- Stir in broth, Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil and bell pepper.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Return beef to skillet.
- Cover and simmer without stirring 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with onions and sesame seeds.