Sea-town Chef's Note:
From Betty's "Speedy Suppers" this slightly Asian pilaf is deliciously different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced (3 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice or 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth (ready to serve)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 4 -6 green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2cook beef in oil, stirring occasionally until brown.
- 3Remove beef from skillet.
- 4Add mushrooms and garlic to skillet, cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms begin to brown.
- 5Stir in rice.
- 6Stir in broth, Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil and bell pepper.
- 7Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- 8Return beef to skillet.
- 9Cover and simmer without stirring 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 10Sprinkle with onions and sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Mushroom Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.8
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 908.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 31.3 g