Recipe by BarbieQ
This is a yummy stew recipe for those cold winter nights and super easy to make. Best of all, it has a little bit of a kick to it!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stewing beef, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄8 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 minced garlic cloves or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1 cup thickly sliced button mushroom
- 3 carrots, sliced thickly
- 4 small yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with a little water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put beef in crock pot. Mix together flour, salt and pepper and pour over the meat. Stir to coat each piece of meat with flour mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- 15 minutes before ready to serve, stir in cornstarch slurry and put crock pot on high.
- Stir stew thoroughly before serving and enjoy.