Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a Wal-Mart Recipe card. Savory and sweet, these fajitas are sure to please. Cook time does not include time to marinade
- Place steak in a ziploc bag.
- Stir together oil, lime juice, fajita seasoning and oregano, reserving 2 tablespoons.
- Pour remaining mixture into bag with meat.
- Refrigerate for 4-24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Place onions on an 18-inch square of aluminum foil.
- Drizzle with reserved lime mixture.
- Bring up two opposite sides of the foil and seal with a double fold.
- Fold remaining ends to completely enclose, leaving space for steam to expand.
- Wrap tortillas tightly in aluminum foil.
- Drain steaks and discard marinade.
- Grill steak for 14-18 minutes for medium-rare (or longer to desired doneness).
- Add package of onions to grill during the last 10 minutes of grilling.
- Add wrapped tortillas to grill during the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Thinly slice meat and serve with onions and sliced mango in warm tortillas.
Very good. I used venison instead of beef, and made my own fajita marinade from the betty crocker cookbook, adding lime juice. I also took SusieQusie's advise and added peppers to the onion packet. Next time I'll grill the mangoes a bit, too.
*Excellent !* As much as I love mangoes, I never thought of eating them with fajitas. I made just as written but for adding some thinly sliced poblano pepper to the onion packet. The onions and pepper retained some crunch and paired well with the soft, sweet mango. The steak was tender with a tart/peppery flavor. This dish is just an all round winner for ease of prep, visual appeal and taste! *SURE* to be repeated many times in my kitchen! Thanks for sharing!